Saturday, February 10, 2007

The College of Charleston wins on the road


UNC-G Coach Mike Dement could only look in awe as the College of Charleston added another notch to the victory belt as they defeated UNC-Greensboro (81-59) on the road. The College increases their record to 17-8, 10-3 (SoCon). Photo compliments of UNC-G Spartans.

Teams---1st half---2nd half---final
CofC ---25---56---81
UNCG---28---31---59


From the Den
Dontaye Draper's eight from behind the arc tied the school record for most 3-pointers in a game (Troy Wheless hit 8-3-pointers against Davidson, February 23, 2003) and a career high of 28-points helped the Cougars overcome a 3-point deficit at the half to beat UNCG in front of 1, 572 Spartan faithful. The Cougars shot 47.6% in the 1st half, and then shot a lights out season high of 59%, hitting 11 of 16 three point attempts, in the 2nd half. David Lawrence had a big game with 13-points and 9-boards. Big man, Josh Jackson put 10-points on the board and the youngster Tony White Jr added 11.

They say they don't need an introduction, but I'll give the Wildcats one anyway
The Cougars welcome the Davidson Wildcats to Kresse Arena Monday night at 7 pm. The Wildcats had this week off, but they will enter a hostile environment at Kresse Arena as this year means so much more than the past. I will have to ask Coach at the next Bobby Cremins Show to ease up on these Saturday-Monday games for next season. The team did a great job to win on the road! Spartans thanks for playing!

And now, since we are no longer looking forward to the next game instead of concentrating at the game at hand-let the blogging begin against Davidson! WB started a week ago, but I just couldn't (with good conscience) get involved yet! But tomorrow and Monday are wide-open. Leave any suggestions you might have, but I am not doing the serious trash talking I did last year (to my embarrassment).

3 comments:

Will Bryan said...

I have a bad feeling about this one. I've got all my chips and wishes in Davidson's camp, but I feel like the Cougar's are really clicking at the right time and they are ready for some revenge. They know what's at stake. Here's hoping that we Wildcats do too.

WB said...

Good to see you getting in on the action, Bushido!

I'm seriously considering going to the game...driving from Greenville at about 3, getting there in time for the game, then driving back to Greenville after Davidson leaves with a victory!

Sorry...couldn't help but lob a little smack in your general direction, all in good fun. ;-)

Incidentally, the courier that has worked for me for the past 3 summers is a senior at C of C, so he and I have been engaged in a long-running smack session dating back to last summer. He and I have had this date circled on both our calendars for quite a while.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!

I'll try to track you down if I get there.

WB said...

I've posted a link to your blog on the DavidsonCats.com message board. I hope that will bring a good bit of traffic your way prior to, and after, the game.

http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?p=9641#9641