Saturday, December 2, 2006

College Football, Rivalry Weekend



As I told my brother-in-law (pictured left w/ yours truly) Navy will once again beat his Army (strong) team. Navy has won 3 straight against Army and they are on their way to possibly face Clemson in the Meineke Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.)

Other College Football Picks:

  1. I would like to see Florida (4) defeat Arkansas (8) and get the chance to play for the National Title against The Buckeyes. Granted Michigan is the 2nd best team in the BCS standings, but I'd like to see the Bucks get even for Florida stealing the 1996 Championship.
  2. Louisville (6) should take UConn because the Huskies have struggled all year and I doubt they can turn it on this late in the game. If the Cardinals win and Rutgers losses then Louisville is headed to a BCS Bowl.
  3. Wake Forest (16) is my pick to win the ACC over Georgia Tech (23).
  4. Oklahoma (8) should knock off Nebraska (19) to win the Big 12 Championship.
  5. Oregon State shouldn't have any trouble with the explosive offense of Hawaii (24).
  6. Rutgers (13) should get out of West Virgina (15) with their first win in 14 tries, sending them to their first ever BCS Bowl.
  7. California (21) will run over Stanford.
  8. Finally, I am pulling for UCLA to beat USC because I would like to see the Trojans play Michigan and as I mentioned, I want the Buckeyes to feast on the Gator-baiters!

Good luck to all of the teams playing tomorrow!

No comments: