Saturday, August 11, 2007

Apprehension on posting the College of Charleston Basketball Recruits


I know the Maroon Nation has been dying to know who we have to fill the shoes of the four seniors who left this past season and I had eight posts from this past spring to put up on the board, but it was brought to my attention by fellow CofC Sports Fan Jamie Mellen, that in the game of recruitment, it is sometimes not the best thing to "tip your hand" so other teams know your strategy. And then I had a call from Rob Going who noted from a lawyer's stand-point that nothing is set in stone. To which I replied, everything is set in stone once you sign on the dotted-line; to which my buddy, third-year-law-student and fellow CofC Sports Fan Rob Going told me, "Not necessarily, you can post it, but you will look like an idiot when the kids don't show."

I hung-up with the conversation thinking Rob doesn't known anything, blast these law students, blah-blah-blah, then I picked up the paper to read that a young man named Tim Sexton, who had signed with the College to play baseball, decided last week to go ahead and play for the Los Angeles Dodgers instead, where of course, he will join former Coll of Charleston catcher, Alex Garabedian.

Dilemma? Yes, but I didn't spend 4-years at the College tripping over the bricks on our campus side-walks to have this be the first time I look like an idiot (for more idiot evidence see: Photo of Jed Trabert and Jamie Mellen before the So-Con Tourney). I am going back in and publishing the recruits and I will copy those posts over the next couple of days. After of course, I double-check to make sure none of these guys backed out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!